1. Open up your music player. Hit shuffle.
2. Record the first few lines of the first thirty songs [ETA: OR 24 IF YOU GET TIRED THEN] that come up that do not give away the name of the song. Skip instrumentals, but don't skip the embarrassing ones.
3. Make hapless LJ denizens guess the song names and artists. Google is cheating. For musical songs, the name of the musical is acceptable in place of the artist.
4. Least hapless LJ denizen wins admiration. That's right, just like a lobbyist in budget season, the points don't matter.
1. It's coming on Christmas, they're cutting down trees.
2. Tonight the brightest moon in a hundred years floods the streets of Rome and I am standing here.
3. ___, I would my true love did so chance...
4. I went down to the ____ and I saw my baby there stretched out on a long white table, so sweet, so cold, so fair.
5. Go down yonder, Gabriel, put your foot on the land and sea.
6. The purpose of a man is to love a woman and the purpose of a woman is to love a man.
7. Come all you lads and lasses, I'd have you give attention To these few lines I'm about to write here...
8. Thought I had it bad, but I had nothing, I had nothing on those who had none.
9. I wanted to be beautiful, so I got a magazine
10. I keep looking back, a lifetime back across the desert.
11. ...the movie's over, it's four o'clock, and we're in trouble deep...
12. In the redwing valley, on the Indian side, on my daddy's pony I would ride.
13. ...I saw him when he first walked in. I thought it was a vision of him. He was looking like where he'd been, looking kind of fragile.
14. ...A rich, beautiful thing, a cross between a fantasy of the bedroom and a saint. And you were just a backstreet girl, hustling and fighting, scratching and biting.
15. All my lovers have been lost bad boys.
16. Somewhere you are sleeping, someone by your side. Something you've been doing most of your life.
17. Cool me, cool my fever high. Hold me when I cry.
18. I wake up and check my senses: one two three four five.
19. That nice easy mark at the edge of the park - a slam dunk if ever I saw one.
20. We got three funeral homes, seventeen churches, got the football title back in '73
21. I am an orphan on God's highway, but I'll share my troubles if you go my way.
22. Time, time, time, see what's become of me
23. She gets up every morning long before the day breaks blue
24. This appeared as a moral dilemma