meme from saskia139
5 things you are wearing
1. classy-looking black mules that I bought at a yard sale.
2. long red skirt with a vaguely Indian batik-like design in black and cream
3. black t-shirt
4. six little hair-claws in my hair
5. green amber earrings and ring
5 things you can see
2. two insulated mugs
3. "mind the gap" mug with a London underground symbol holding pencils
4. slip of paper with contact info for the (rather cute) historian from IU who's doing research with one of my collections
5. Turkoman Bokhara Mouse Rug
5 things you are doing right now
1. blinking to try to get a stray eyelash off my conjunctiva.
2. thinking about the papers I'm working on.
3. wondering if I'll go get ice cream later.
4. sliding one foot in and out of my shoe.
5 things you ate in the last 24 hours
2. not-too-great broiled salmon (the frozen-salmon-filet-from-Trader-Joe's
experiment was not really a success.)
4. chocolate-covered peanut-butter-filled pretzel nuggets.
5. lemonade coolatta.
5 things you did so far today
1. Took trolley in to work
2. Answered some questions for that researcher
3. Made a Dunkin' Donuts run for my officemates.
4. Poked at my finding aid
5. Ate lunch
5 things you can hear right now
1. humming of the hvac system
2. traffic four stories below
3. my own typing
4. colleagues typing
5. nothing more
5 colors you can see
5 thoughts in your head
1. Even though I just ate, my mouth still wants that buffalo chicken wrap that I virtuously passed up in favor of hummus and crackers.
2. So, wait, the guy who donated this collection also donated another collection of papers about one of the same people, a collection which he subsequently took back
and then gave to the University?
3. why am i so apathetic? what is wrong with me? this project should be finished already. those emails should be written already. i'd hoped i would do this better. damn. [I could have saved time and just said 'Radio KFKD' here, I guess.]
4. How you do that with the page numbers is... uh, you click on... no, to the... yeah... no... here, let me do it...
5. Is freon a chlorofluorocarbon or other kind of greenhouse-effect-enhancer?